When are you due?
What are you having, boy/girl?
We are having a GIRL! Yay!
Where are you having the baby?
Are you exhausted?
Extremely! I’m so busy and tired that I just want to scream sometimes, lol! : )
Any names, yet?
Yes! We haven’t fully decided, but I think we are sticking with Rori Lucille.
- Put warm water into a liquid measuring cup, then add sugar and yeast to it. Let the yeast proof for at least 5 mins. *Need to know what proofing means? It lets you know if your yeast is doing what its supposed to be doing. The yeast should become foamy after five minutes. If it’s foamy, then it is ready to use.*
- While the yeast is proofing, whisk together salt & flour in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Attach your mixer with a paddle attachment or dough hook and of course a bowl.
- Pour your oil and your yeast mixture into the bowl. *Note: If your mixer has the metal bowl, make sure the bowl is not too cold. Otherwise it may kill your yeast. I just run the bottom of my bowl underneath hot running water for a few seconds until the inside bottom of bowl is warm to the touch.*
- Put your mixer on slow and begin adding your flour cup by cup. The dough should be pulling away from the sides of the bowl.
- Now you knead the dough on a floured surface for 5 mins. Then put in a greased bowl and cover it with a towel or cling wrap. Set the bowl in a warm place and let the dough rise for one hour.
- Once the dough has risen, roll out the dough to desired shape! *Note: I use an 18″ pizza pan with holes in it for a nice crust. I also roll the dough out larger (and somewhat thin) than the actual pan. In order to trim the excess dough from the sides of the pan, I simply roll a pizza cutter around the edges.* :o)
- I found a logo I wanted and redesigned it on the computer and printed it out onto an iron on transfer paper.
- Next, I peeled it off and realized that I should have cut the image out before ironing onto my shirt! It looked like I took a sticker and just placed it onto my belly region.
- DAMAGE CONTROL was next! Desperate to not have this as a complete failure, I quickly grabbed a blank sheet of paper and reversed the iron on image to it.
- Turns out, this came out even better than I originally thought it would. The image looks almost vintage against my dark gray maternity shirt. Check below for the picture!
|This was Jason Kidd on the monitor looking up into the crowd.|
|Lots and lots of fans that night!|
I think I’m going to try and find an iron on logo so that I can make my own maternity shirt for the game. I’ll let you know if I actually go through with it.
Now you can enjoy some oh-so-sweet sticky buns. : )
- I pushed Scout around in the laundry basket & I called it exercise… it really did have me out of breath, HA! BUT I am nearly six months pregnant and it is getting harder to breathe, period. My eldest took over the reigns for me.
- Bubba busted his behind GOOD, yesterday while digging around in the garage! (Bwahahahahaha…I wish I had it on camera) And yes…I am totally, that person who will laugh at you if you fall down. It must be a disorder or something. Fall-a-ha-ha-nitis…that’s a self diagnosis…and self made up word.
- I’ve been enjoying my sleeping & waking up to the beautiful sound of thunder. **I heart that stuff **
- I made a kick butt batch of sugar cookies.Yummmmmmmmy. I wish I had some cookie decorating tools so I could make them pretty and shiny. But they don’t carry that sort of stuff (meringue powder) at our local Piggly Wiggly. (we don’t really have a Piggly Wiggly here, it’s called Market Place. I just call any grocery store in the boonies a Piggy Wiggly)
- I took the little one to the doctor. He developed an ear infection in his left ear and of course, has a cold. The doc put us ALL (yes, including me. God Bless Her!) on medicine. Two prescriptions and one over the counter. Sigh…we are still stuffy, but feeling much better.
- Finished the Christmas cards, now I just need to run to the post office and purchase the stamps for them.
- Went outside and picked some mistletoe before it began raining again. ;o)
- Last but not least, Scout cut his first tooth and has learned to open and shut a drawer. He also learned what smashing your finger means. :o)
|I stole some of those breathe right strips from my ten year old. lol.|
Okay, I’ll stop complaining and make a doctor’s appointment. I’m sure we will be back to healthy in no time. :o)
|This is the hat I finished knitting for Scout to wear during our two weeks of winter here in Texas. ;op|
|Getting Ready to run errands with mom.|
|My Mr. Handsome right before he left for an interview. (It went well…if you’re wondering 😉
|The weather here in Texas has been so backwards that my trees are beginning to bloom in the middle of winter!|
|Last, but not least, I finished the xmas countdown thingy. Every day, Nate gets to glue on a cotton ball to make Santa’s beard. By the time December 25 comes around, Santa should have a full beard. 😉 (Hopefully)|